- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, fat removed
- 4 thin slices of best-quality Parma ham
- 8 Large spinach leaves, blanched and refreshed
- 600ml White Chicken Stock
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon coarse-grain mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the dressing
- 4 tablespoons good-quality olive oil
- 4 table spoons salad oil
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Pine nuts, toasted
- Chopped fresh basil
- Wrap each chicken breast in a slice of Parma ham and then in 2 spinach leaves.
- Place the chicken breasts in a saucepan side by side, not on top of each other, and pour over the stock.
- Cover the saucepan and bring back to the boil, then turn down the heat and poach gently for 18-20 minutes, or until the breasts feel just firm to the touch.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. Place all the ingredients in a liquidizer or food processor and whizz to a green puree.
- Flood 4 plates wit some of the dressing, then lift the chicken breasts out of the saucepan and drain. Slice each chicken breast on the diagonal and arrange the overlapping slices in a semi-circle on the dressing. Garnish with the cherry tomatoes, pine nuts and basil.
NOTE: This dish can be served hot or cold.